LB 471 requires that all controlled substances dispensed in Nebraska be reported to the PDMP. As of January 1, 2018, Nebraska’s PDMP contains all dispensed prescription drugs (controlled and non-controlled prescription drugs). This provides prescribers with an opportunity to view all dispensed medications for a patient and serve as a comprehensive medication reconciliation tool. With the primary purpose of the PDMP being patient safety, we hope you will participate!
Registering for the PDMP takes only three simple steps:
- Complete the PDMP training requirement (approx 24 minutes) at Nebraska PDMP On-Demand Training Video. Completion of the acknowledgement at the end of the training is required to “successfully complete” the training requirement.
- Submit your new user request via the PDMP Access Request Form.
- Complete the registration by setting up a user name and password. If your request has been approved, you will receive an email from CyncHealth to complete the account setup.
Please note: Prescribers & prescriber delegates, and dispensers & dispenser delegates can register a delegate to view patient queries and prescription notifications on the delegators behalf. Requests can be made via the PDMP user access form. If approved, you will be able to add a delegate on your behalf.
If you have questions regarding the PDMP tool, please contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org or (402) 506-9900 option 1.
If you have any questions about the PDMP statewide program, please contact DHHS at email@example.com or (402) 471-8856.
Dispensers are required to electronically report data on prescription drugs dispensed to a patient (human or non-human) in the state or to an address in the state at least daily. Dispenser includes the following license types:
- Community Pharmacy License
- Mail Service Pharmacy Permit
- Dispensing Practitioner Pharmacy License
- Delegated Dispensing Permit
- Ophthalmic Mail-Order Provider
- Long-Term Care Automated Pharmacy
Frequently Asked Questions
Clinician User Guide
Current User Nebraska PDMP Login
CyncHealth Website (formerly NeHII)
DHHS Drug Overdose Prevention Webpage
DHHS PDMP Webpage
Nebraska Pain Management Guidance Document
NMA Fall 2016 Magazine
SAMHSA Overdose Prevention & Response Toolkit
Substance Abuse Quick Reference Guide